Pages

The True Journey

The True Journey: what does it truly mean to walk with Jesus, all the way, with no compromise?

Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. Matthew 7:13-14

"Do you continue to go with Jesus? The way lies through Gethsemane, through the city gate, outside the camp; the way lies alone, and the way lies until there is no trace of a footstep, only the voice, "Follow Me". ~ Oswald Chambers


My name is Melissa Morris, and my prayer is that through these writings, you will learn about Jesus. And follow Him on the True Journey.


Thursday, January 27, 2011

Where's Your Handprint?


This is a picture from one of the most awesome weekends I have ever had! CrossRoads (ok, Camp Little Cross Roads) 25th Anniversary Reunion. Saw some old friends, made some new friends, and laughed until I couldn't laugh anymore (yeah, Lori, I needed a posie pad LOL).
We were asked to put our handprint on the wall in the old Canteen (which is now the staff house) along with our names and the years we served at CLCR. It was neat to see all of them, the different colors and names and years...all the people who had served God on that mountain...who had worked together for His purposes.
I thought about the person I was then....and the person I am now. And how God used alot of those handprints to shape my life. The lessons He taught me through the hands of others. The love He showed me through the hands of others.
Then I thought about something else - where is my handprint missing? Is there somewhere my handprint should be that it's not? What am I failing to do in my relationship with the Lord, and my handprint is absent? Is it not showing up in my Bible study, my prayer life, my relationships, my witnessing, my church?
And another thought...am I missing including my handprint somewhere that God has called me to put it while trying desperately to make that mark somewhere else?
Think about your handprint:
- Married folks - is it missing from the heart of your husband/wife?
- Parents, is missing from the heart of your children?
- Children, is it missing from the heart of your parents? So much turmoil is going on in our families today, and it's because we are not putting our families in the place that God wants them to be.
Or are you too busy trying to make your mark somewhere else, that all they get are the smudgy leftovers, a faint impression that is almost unrecognizable?
Is the handprint you are trying to leave in ministry so large that it leaves no room for anyone else's?
Christians, is it missing from the heart of God? Because His handprint is surely on your heart. Or is He getting your smudgy leftovers because you are working so hard to try to please Him, that you are forgetting to spent time with Him? To seek His heart and fully give Him yours?
My prayer today is for each of us to have our handprints in the places that God has called them to be!
It's What's on my Mind this morning,
Melissa

No comments: