Pages

The True Journey

The True Journey: what does it truly mean to walk with Jesus, all the way, with no compromise?

Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. Matthew 7:13-14

"Do you continue to go with Jesus? The way lies through Gethsemane, through the city gate, outside the camp; the way lies alone, and the way lies until there is no trace of a footstep, only the voice, "Follow Me". ~ Oswald Chambers


My name is Melissa Morris, and my prayer is that through these writings, you will learn about Jesus. And follow Him on the True Journey.


Monday, December 26, 2011

Change is in the air.....

Hello friends,

The past year, well, the past three years, have been full of changes in my life. I am a little weary and in need of some rest.

Back in the summer, I began writing my 2 lists:

- The things God wants me to do;

- The things other people think God wants me to do.

You know what I found out? We as Christians, with good and bad intent, love playing God in each others lives. I have people guilty of doing that to me, and I have found myself guilty of doing that in others lives as well.

You know what else? I have been playing God in my own life.

So now it's the time when the rubber meets the road for this Christian. It's time to shut out the noise and listen to God. So, as change remains in the air, I am committing however long it takes to grow spiritually, bury myself in the Word, and search out that still small voice that God uses.

I am also going to take this time to learn how to be a better friend and be a Barnabas to others rather than a Pharisee.

I didn't like when others treated me this way; so I am going to evaluate how I treat others.

See, this remains true...change begins inside us. And I can tell you this much, not everyone in your life is going to accept change. The Pharisees will have you thinking you are going straight to Hell in a hand basket...

But the Barnabas in your life is going to embrace you, love you, and see that Jesus is the one true Guide that you have, and they are going to continue to point you straight to Him...

How have I started my change? By separating myself from the Pharisee in me, and the Pharisees in my life; and surrounding myself with each Barnabas that God has put in my path...

And with fervent study and prayer, I want God to change me from a Pharisee to a Barnabas.

Won't you join me?

It's just what's on my mind.

No comments: