Pages

The True Journey

The True Journey: what does it truly mean to walk with Jesus, all the way, with no compromise?

Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. Matthew 7:13-14

"Do you continue to go with Jesus? The way lies through Gethsemane, through the city gate, outside the camp; the way lies alone, and the way lies until there is no trace of a footstep, only the voice, "Follow Me". ~ Oswald Chambers


My name is Melissa Morris, and my prayer is that through these writings, you will learn about Jesus. And follow Him on the True Journey.


Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Rethinking Some Things

It has been quite awhile since my last post. Holidays faced without family members, turning 43, the end of mom's treatments, trying to go back to work and struggling...

And giving up.

But not in the way you think.

You see, after all I had been through, I still hadn't given it all to God. I still hadn't been following what He wants me to do.

And what He wants me to do is trust Him day by day.

I was reading the post I wrote about my Christian friend vs. my athiest friend, and I had a huge revelation. See, my friend Amy taught me the term "toxic relationships". And I have realized that this particular friendship was toxic. I cared more about what this person thought about me than what God thinks about me.

Had she been there during that recovery time, and now, I would have been more concerned about her opinions than about what God was doing in my healing and in my life.

So while I have been experiencing a physical healing, I have also been experiencing a spiritual healing.

I'm gonna be writing more...and sharing with you all the lessons God has been teaching me.

Day by day.

Showing me the True Journey...

Hope you will come along.

1 comment:

Melonie said...

I am glad you are back to blogging. I love reading your messages. I am going to recommend the minister at Mooreland Baptist Church contact you, both for your singing and your testimony. A long-time member of the church, Mr. Faris, is now in a nursing home. He is one of my mentors, a very kind, gentle, servant of the Lord, and I believe the church as a whole could use your testimony about someone who now has dementia.