Pages

The True Journey

The True Journey: what does it truly mean to walk with Jesus, all the way, with no compromise?

Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. Matthew 7:13-14

"Do you continue to go with Jesus? The way lies through Gethsemane, through the city gate, outside the camp; the way lies alone, and the way lies until there is no trace of a footstep, only the voice, "Follow Me". ~ Oswald Chambers


My name is Melissa Morris, and my prayer is that through these writings, you will learn about Jesus. And follow Him on the True Journey.


Thursday, August 11, 2016

Be Careful What You Want...

This is a picture of my foot...the day after my surgery in 2012. my toes are pink because Rita Napper came to the hospital and painted them for me!

Since my illness in 2012, I have thought alot about 2 statements I used to make all of the time:

1. When I would go to a church and sing, I would always call my mom afterwards (or if she was with me I would say it as soon as we got in the car) and say, "I wish I could do this all of the time". I would be so filled with the goodness of God and the desire to serve Him through speaking and singing, I would express how much I wanted to have a full time "ministry".

2. Another thing I used to say all of the time was that I wanted to be retired by the time I was 40. Well, at 42 I got sick, and now at 46, I am retired on disability.

i never realized how much these two statements were connected until I was thinking about my ability to share with others now any time I can...through ways I did not anticipate, I have my "full time ministry". I am retired. The two things I desired came about in a way I never imagined.

But if they had not come the way they did, my testimony and ministry would not have the impact that it does now.

Through my weakness, He is strong.

Paul tells us in 2 Corinthians 12: 7-10 that he had an infirmity. He asked God to take it away. But God had another plan.

He used Paul's infirmity. How? To keep him humble.

We can all learn a great lesson from that.

So, be careful what you want...what you ask for...what you pray for...you may get it. In a way you never imagined.

And when you do, just remember this "My grace is sufficient for thee:for my strength is made perfect in weakness" 2 Corinthians 12:9

Love y'all!

No comments: