Pages

The True Journey

The True Journey: what does it truly mean to walk with Jesus, all the way, with no compromise?

Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. Matthew 7:13-14

"Do you continue to go with Jesus? The way lies through Gethsemane, through the city gate, outside the camp; the way lies alone, and the way lies until there is no trace of a footstep, only the voice, "Follow Me". ~ Oswald Chambers


My name is Melissa Morris, and my prayer is that through these writings, you will learn about Jesus. And follow Him on the True Journey.


Friday, June 5, 2009

Rainy Days and Fridays...



Rainy days and Fridays always get me down...hey, wait, wasn't that a Carpenters song back in the '70's? Oh, yeah, that was rainy days and Mondays!

Rainy days make me want to sleep...Fridays make me want to cry. The road in this picture is the road I used to take every Friday...the road to my Dad's house. Unless something else came up, I got in the habit of going to see him every Friday night. Now on Fridays, I have to remind myself not to call him to see what we are having for dinner, especially if I get in the mood for a shrimp box from the Dairy Isle. Sometimes I have to remind myself daily not to call him when I think of something that might have made him laugh, or I hear something about the Virginia Cavaliers, the Yankees, the Redskins, or Nascar.

I have to remind myself not to call him when I just want to hear his voice.

You know, I used to be a really prideful person, stubborn and hard-headed...okay, I still am at times, but nothing like I used to be...and I held grudges and I got mad over stuff that didn't amount to anything. Being this way caused me to be away from my dad for a few years. But as God healed my heart, He showed me that we all fall...and we all have to trust Him to lift us up and heal us.

God healed my heart of a lot of negative feelings - and I encourage any of you who have problems in your relationships to search out the face of God, and pray that God changes the other person, but more importantly, pray that God changes you. Sometimes we are the problem and we don't even realize it. I felt guilty for a long time about the time I spent away from my dad...and since his death, I have had all of those feelings resurface. But the past is the past, and I know that the time my dad and I spent together before his death was more precious than any other time I might have had.

I just thank God that He allowed my dad to live long enough for me to realize that - and that He didn't take my dad home before I had a chance to make amends and tell him that I love him...and I'm thankful that I will see my dad again one day, when Jesus takes me home.

Call that person you need to make amends with...don't wait until it's too late. It doesn't matter whose fault it was. Don't let pride get in the way. Love hard. Love the way God wants you to love.

It's just what's on my mind.

No comments: