Pages

The True Journey

The True Journey: what does it truly mean to walk with Jesus, all the way, with no compromise?

Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. Matthew 7:13-14

"Do you continue to go with Jesus? The way lies through Gethsemane, through the city gate, outside the camp; the way lies alone, and the way lies until there is no trace of a footstep, only the voice, "Follow Me". ~ Oswald Chambers


My name is Melissa Morris, and my prayer is that through these writings, you will learn about Jesus. And follow Him on the True Journey.


Wednesday, October 7, 2009

I've Changed


Have you ever gotten to a place in life where you know you have changed? Have you ever been afraid to totally envelope that change and let go of all the things that tie you to the old person you were?
I have realized that I have changed. But fear has allowed me to stay the same in some ways...fear that those around me may not understand my change...but what I have realized the most is that I am accountable to God for everything in my life.
As I have gotten older (physically and spiritually), I can look back and see how I have depended on other people instead of depending on God. I have allowed my friendships/relationships to take precedence over Him...I have allowed people's opinions to replace God's Truth in my life. I have been content "riding the coattails" of other people, and have not stood firm on the Rock of my salvation, which is Jesus Christ. I have been content to be a follower of other people, and have forgotten to be a follower of Christ. I have forgotten that He has a purpose and a place for me, and it's time to let go and allow Him to take me whereever it is that He wants me to be.
Don't get me wrong - God has placed some amazing people in my life and I am thankful for how He has used them in my walk...my sin has been making those relationships more important that my relationship with Him. I have allowed my dependence on others to cloud my dependence on Him...
Today, I enncourage you to love your friends, love your family...but remember most of all, that the voice you need to hear is the voice of God. The face you need to see is the face of God.
Turn your eyes upon Jesus
Look full in His wonderful face
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim
In the light of His glory and grace.
It's just what's on my mind...and today, on my heart.

No comments: