Pages

The True Journey

The True Journey: what does it truly mean to walk with Jesus, all the way, with no compromise?

Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. Matthew 7:13-14

"Do you continue to go with Jesus? The way lies through Gethsemane, through the city gate, outside the camp; the way lies alone, and the way lies until there is no trace of a footstep, only the voice, "Follow Me". ~ Oswald Chambers


My name is Melissa Morris, and my prayer is that through these writings, you will learn about Jesus. And follow Him on the True Journey.


Thursday, September 19, 2013

What Is The True Journey?



I have said over and over that I am starting over; each day I say it's a new day, it's the first day of the rest of my life, etc.

But today is different. See, today I mean it. I recently posted some things on my Facebook status that I will not waiver from:
  • The Bible is God's inspired, inerrant Word, from In the Beginning to Amen. His Will is contained in His Word. If you think you get a message from Him and it doesn't line up with the Word, it's not from Him.
  • I will not apologize for my faith; and I will not apologize if my faith offends anyone. I will stand up for my beliefs, even if I am the only one standing.
  • Jesus Christ is the only way to Heaven.
Jesus didn't promise life would be easy; in fact, He promised the opposite. But I will follow Him all the way.

Today is different. Today means commitment and no compromise. There will be times that I stumble, I know this, but I have to put my foot forward and walk.

Walk the True Journey.

Jesus tells us what the True Journey is: in Matthew 7:13-14, He tells us this: Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. 

This True Journey is not easy; He never promised it would be. In fact, Jesus promised the opposite. Following Jesus is more than being a member of a church, more than wearing a Christian t-shirt, listening to Christian music, and talking the Christian talk.

I will use examples from things I see each day to make my point; not trying to be judgmental, but to show how the world sees us as Christians. I will talk about my failures each day in sharing Christ with others. If we analyze the problem, then maybe, just maybe we can be more and more powerful for Jesus every day in our lives.

Not just on Sunday. Not just on mission trips. Not just at church.

Every second of every day.
 
You've heard the saying, "If you're gonna talk the talk, you better walk the walk".

I heard this the other day and I don't remember where, but it resonated loudly:

You better walk the talk!

That's what the True Journey is about: walking the talk.  It's about knowing that Jesus is the only way to Heaven. It's about knowing that His path will not be easy or popular, but being willing to give all to the One who gave all for you.

I want to challenge you to walk the talk. To hold me accountable for walking the talk.

This life is not about us. It's about Him.

So today, I want to take that challenge. I want to travel the True Journey. And I am going to share that Journey here with you.

As I begin to write more seriously, and try to share each day a lesson from God, I take this personal challenge:

I must stay out of the way - my words must measure Scripturally, and if not found Scriptural, must not be written. I will be responsible to God for those souls who read my words and if I express me, I am wrong. I must express Jesus at all costs, and stand firm on the foundation that He is; and stand firm on the Word of God. I must measure all that I do and say by the Ruler of Scripture. If I do less, I have failed.

So, will you come along with me? Will you travel the True Journey with Christ no matter the cost?

See you tomorrow... 

 

No comments: