Pages

The True Journey

The True Journey: what does it truly mean to walk with Jesus, all the way, with no compromise?

Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. Matthew 7:13-14

"Do you continue to go with Jesus? The way lies through Gethsemane, through the city gate, outside the camp; the way lies alone, and the way lies until there is no trace of a footstep, only the voice, "Follow Me". ~ Oswald Chambers


My name is Melissa Morris, and my prayer is that through these writings, you will learn about Jesus. And follow Him on the True Journey.


Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Things that amaze me!


THINGS THAT AMAZE ME


Have you ever sat down and thought about things that amaze you - things that don’t seem like they should make sense or even work, but they do? Here are a couple of things that amaze me:



- Technology and time zones: computers, email, cell phones, all those things. It just blows my mind that I was sitting at dinner Sunday night and I got a text message from my friend in Australia. I was ending my Sunday and he was just beginning his Monday…in Australia, they are 14 hours ahead of us - so when it’s still today here, it’s already tomorrow there. He sent me a text this morning and was on his way to bed while I was on my way to work.


- The Memory: It amazes me what the mind can remember and forget…what memories stick and what things go away never to be retrieved. It amazes me that I write songs and then have to look at the words when I sing in public, yet Saturday I put on a record album I hadn’t
listened to in at least 10 years and remembered every word on it (it was a live album and I even remembered the talking parts!). What did you say…what’s a record album?

There’s one thing that amazes me more than anything…and that’s God’s grace. You ask most people to define grace and they have a hard time answering it. It’s hard to put into words for most people. But it wasn’t hard for God to put into words…look in the Bible at all of the references to God’s grace.


Have you ever thought that there is one word that can define grace? That word is Jesus. God’s love for us doesn’t seem like it should make sense - that He loved us so much that He gave His only Son to die so that we might not perish, but have everlasting life (John 3:16). We were destined for Hell, and God sent His very best from Heaven so we might live our lives for Him while here, and live with Him eternally when our earthly lives are over. The Mercer Dictionary of the Bible defines grace as “the sheer, self-giving love of God toward suffering and sinful humanity. It has no cause outside the love of God Himself; it is not dependent on any merit or worth in the recipient. The Hebrew root of the word translated ‘grace‘ means ‘to bend down to‘, suggesting a loving parent bending over a suffering child, or a good Samaritan bending over a wounded man on the Jericho Road“.


God’s grace came to us in the form of Jesus Christ dying on the Cross “while we were still sinners” (Romans 5:8). Who understood grace more than Paul? Christ died for Paul while Paul was still in his sin of persecuting and killing Christians. Paul called himself the “chief of sinners” (1 Timothy 1:15). And Paul suffered for his faith, but was able to say:
“And He said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee; for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me” 2 Corinthians 12:9

Grace doesn’t seem like it should make sense - a perfect God sending His perfect Son to die for a sinful world. But it works. I deserve Hell, but God has given me Heaven through His Son…through His amazing grace.


Don’t forget His sacrifice for our sins…don’t forget to live in His grace…and don’t forget to extend His grace to others.


“Moreover the law entered, that the offense might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound” Romans 5:20


Don’t forget to love each other.
Be God’s
Melissa

No comments: