Pages

The True Journey

The True Journey: what does it truly mean to walk with Jesus, all the way, with no compromise?

Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. Matthew 7:13-14

"Do you continue to go with Jesus? The way lies through Gethsemane, through the city gate, outside the camp; the way lies alone, and the way lies until there is no trace of a footstep, only the voice, "Follow Me". ~ Oswald Chambers


My name is Melissa Morris, and my prayer is that through these writings, you will learn about Jesus. And follow Him on the True Journey.


Monday, April 20, 2009

Gene's Song - Part 2


Not long after my posting last Thursday about Gene and his song, my pastor called and asked me if I would sing it at Gene's funeral on Friday.


What a honor! Not only to have known the man, and received the gift of his teaching, his friendship, and the words to this song, but to be able to be a part of honoring him by singing at his funeral...I didn't know if I could do it.


But God gives us the strength we need when we can't do it on our own...and the secret to having God's strength is realizing that we can never do anything on our own...only with His help. My friend sang harmony and God got the glory. God received the glory in the whole service, and my heart missed my friend and Sunday School teacher, but it also rejoiced knowing that Gene is with his Saviour that he loved so much. His service that day was a true picture of his life. My pastor also read a poem that Gene had written and given to me called, "After The Last Sunset" - I can't wait to put music to it and see what God has in store!


I'm thankful to be a tiny part in God's master plan.

No comments: