Pages

The True Journey

The True Journey: what does it truly mean to walk with Jesus, all the way, with no compromise?

Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. Matthew 7:13-14

"Do you continue to go with Jesus? The way lies through Gethsemane, through the city gate, outside the camp; the way lies alone, and the way lies until there is no trace of a footstep, only the voice, "Follow Me". ~ Oswald Chambers


My name is Melissa Morris, and my prayer is that through these writings, you will learn about Jesus. And follow Him on the True Journey.


Monday, April 27, 2009

God Can Use You!


Ever felt like this picture?? Ever been called "stubborn as a mule"??


I have - alot! And I have wondered often how God continues to use me...but then I remember what my Pastor told me when I first felt called to the music/speaking ministry and I felt inadequate. He told me to remember Moses and how he felt inadequate before God, and how God used him anyway. And then he said, "And always remember Balaam's donkey - and if God can use a talking donkey, He can use you, too!".


If we visit Numbers 22, we find the story of Balaam's donkey. I encourage you to look it up and read it. I spent the weekend in some places that showed me how God can use all of us, and He reminded me that I don't have to be successful or well known in the world's eyes, I just have to be obedient to Him and He will move me out of the way and let His Word be known. Even when I act like a donkey.



On Saturday, I sang at a Relay for Life benefit at the Lovingston Opry House. This benefit was to raise money for cancer research and it warms my heart to know that the small county I live in has already raised $71,000.00 for this worthy cause! My heart was blessed as I sat and listened to the wonderful music from so many talented, God serving hearts! So many moving testimonies of cancer survival - each one giving God the glory for the healing that they received! I was in tears most of the evening just praising God for his wonderful mercy and grace. Each humble person sharing their struggles made their faith even more evident to those listening. I wondered how I could be so stubborn at times, when there are people going through much worse things than I have ever had to endure.



On Sunday evening, I went to the Gaither concert in Charlottesville - as they praised the Lord, each one shared some struggle from their life, or mistakes they have made, that the Lord had brought them through. And I saw each person praise God no matter what had been or was going on in their life at the time - and I saw how God used their struggles and their mistakes not only to teach them, but to also minister to other hearts. I wondered how God could use my mistakes to show others His glory.



God puts people in our lives for many reasons - but most of all to love each other and share each others burdens. I find it amazing that even when I was having struggles, there were strangers (or should I say friends I had never met) on their knees praying for me. Each one of us has a gift that God has given us to use - each one of us has a message that He has given us to say. But most of all, God has put us all here together to work for His kingdom and share the Gospel so that none may perish, but all may have everlasting life in His Son, Jesus Christ.



And it comforts my heart to know that even when I mess up, God meets me at the place of forgiveness and He covers me yet again with His grace and mercy, and He loves me through it.


And I know that God can use even my donkey moments for His Glory.

No comments: