Pages

The True Journey

The True Journey: what does it truly mean to walk with Jesus, all the way, with no compromise?

Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. Matthew 7:13-14

"Do you continue to go with Jesus? The way lies through Gethsemane, through the city gate, outside the camp; the way lies alone, and the way lies until there is no trace of a footstep, only the voice, "Follow Me". ~ Oswald Chambers


My name is Melissa Morris, and my prayer is that through these writings, you will learn about Jesus. And follow Him on the True Journey.


Tuesday, October 16, 2012

What happened?

Well, I guess you guys wonder where I have been since June and my last post. Sometimes I have to stop and think about where I have been since my last post in June. 2012 has been a crazy year for my family. It started in March and it continues, and will continue into next year. In March, my aunt died. The night she died, Steven followed me in the kitchen as I talked with the Hospice nurse on the phone, and when I hung up, he looked up at me with his hands out like a little Italian man, and said, "Wissa, what happened?" I find myself looking up at God in a fog, not asking why, but "What happened"?

It's been non-stop since then. My aunt died on March 5, her daughter in law committed suicide on March 28, and my uncle died on July 24. One family. My aunt and uncle dying caused my cousins to have to find a new place to live after being raised in that house since 1993. At my uncle's graveside service on July 31, I looked at everyone remaining in my family and said, "No one else is allowed to get sick or die in this family for the rest of this year".

Two weeks to the day, I was in the emergency room with diverticulitis that had abscessed. Two days later, I was rushed to surgery with a perforated bowel. 10 days in the hospital. Another week of IV antibiotics when I got home. 9 weeks out of work. Colostomy.

All this time, my mom was struggling with an issue that we came to find out was misdiagnosed by her doctor (PS - don't let your doctor or nurse tell you they don't have time. You know your body. Make them listen. If they don't, find a new doctor.), and we learned last week that she has cancer. It is a rare form but completely treatable with 6 weeks of radiation every day of the week, and chemo in addition to the radiation.

So, where am I in all of this? Trusting God even more than I did before, and loving Him even more than I did before. Even though I said I was starting to feel like Job, I know my God is faithful, I know He is still on His throne, and I know He is in complete control.

My friend Lori posted this to my Facebook wall on Sunday: This was from our scripture reading this morning and I thought about you... Job 23:10: "But he knows the way that I take; when he has tested me, I will come forth as gold." Tell Patty Cakes that you two are gonna be the Golden Girls! ♥ you both!

There will be many stories to come about my hospitalization and recovery, and how God has been in every step...so I'm changing my focus right now to giving God the glory in all that is happening...stay tuned for more...

No comments: