Pages

The True Journey

The True Journey: what does it truly mean to walk with Jesus, all the way, with no compromise?

Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. Matthew 7:13-14

"Do you continue to go with Jesus? The way lies through Gethsemane, through the city gate, outside the camp; the way lies alone, and the way lies until there is no trace of a footstep, only the voice, "Follow Me". ~ Oswald Chambers


My name is Melissa Morris, and my prayer is that through these writings, you will learn about Jesus. And follow Him on the True Journey.


Tuesday, November 24, 2009

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL

Hello friends,

I just wanted to take this opportunity to wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving.

This year is going to be different for me, but I praise God for my blessings. I say this will be the first Thanksgiving without my dad, but that's not so true...there were a few years when we were estranged that we did not spend Thanksgiving together...but this year is a little different.

It is death that separates us this year vs. pride and ignorance. There are times I would give anything to have those other Thanksgiving days back, so I could spend them with him; but I know that all things work for God's glory, and it was those times apart that ended up making the times together even more special. Even though there are moments that my sorrow comes out of nowhere and overwhelms me beyond measure, I am thankful for the time that God allowed us to spend together, especially those last few days before he went to Heaven.

And as my dear friend Sheila reminded me the other night, my dad is in Heaven now and the cares of the world don't concern him anymore...he is in the presence of the Almighty and he is rejoicing every day!

So let me remind you this Thanksgiving to be thankful for all of the things God has blessed you with...no matter what the trial, the blessing is worth it. Tell those close to you how you feel about them, love them without ceasing, love them in spite of themselves...love them in spite of yourself...

I am thankful most this year for a Saviour who never fails me, and loves me even when I fail. I find myself continually falling back at His feet because I'm trying too hard to do it myself.

I am thankful for each one of you who hold a special place in my heart.

So this year, I will enter the kitchen (I know, I don't cook - so this doubles as a prayer request) to help my mom with the turkey, and attempt to make my dad's fried dressing that he made every year for Thanksgiving and Christmas. I will think about dad's hands mixing the ingredients to his "special recipe"...I will think about my Father's hands which hold me continually.

And if you guys hear of an explosion in Nelson County on Thanksgiving Day, know the cooking thing didn't turn out so good...

Have a safe and blessed holiday!

No comments: