Pages

The True Journey

The True Journey: what does it truly mean to walk with Jesus, all the way, with no compromise?

Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. Matthew 7:13-14

"Do you continue to go with Jesus? The way lies through Gethsemane, through the city gate, outside the camp; the way lies alone, and the way lies until there is no trace of a footstep, only the voice, "Follow Me". ~ Oswald Chambers


My name is Melissa Morris, and my prayer is that through these writings, you will learn about Jesus. And follow Him on the True Journey.


Thursday, November 19, 2009

Ponder Anew, What the ALMIGHTY Can Do!



Okay, so I borrowed the title of this posting from an email I got yesterday from a special young lady...and I went and sang that hymn "Praise To The Lord" last night with the ladies at my church devotional group. What powerful words!

I received them yesterday in the form of praise regarding God's providence in a certain medical situation; and my praise day started when I got that email. It was followed by an amazing prayer service at my church, and an amazing devotional time following the prayer meeting. But then it happened...I let the devil steal my joy.

I drove home wondering if I'd said the right things, did I offend anyone, did I say what God wanted me to say...and I doubted myself right out of my joy. But this morning, the Almighty reminded me just Who He is and what He does.

The Almighty can place His finger on any situation and by His Divine providence, use it all for His Glory!

You should be aware by now about the Women's Retreat (see previous blog posting) in March 2010 that I am helping to organize...this started as an idea, progressed to prayer, and is now becoming a reality, and I see God's Hand in it every day! The theme is "At The Feet of Jesus". So this morning I pull in the parking lot at work, my joy still missing in action, and my friend Amy pulls in right after me and yells for me to come over to her car to hear a song. It was from the new Casting Crowns CD and it's called "At Your Feet" - take a listen if you can, and you'll know why I was floored and my joy was instantly restored.

One reason was because of how God uses Amy in my life; another was the amazing words to this song, and how it so fits the idea of the women's retreat. Coming to His feet to dwell, and lay all the past, present and future before Him...and just to worship Him and be overwhelmed by His presence.

I also ended up in a conversation with another friend that led me to the opportunity to read an awesome book about prayer, loneliness, and spiritual growth. And how we need to be prepared to meet people where they are instead of having unrealistic expectations about them.

And it all reminded me that He is the Almighty in the big things, and He is the Almighty in the small things.

He is...and He is all I need.

It's just what's on my mind.

No comments: